Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy The Man

Posted on 9:16 PM by Charlie Milwall

HAPPY THE MAN

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.
Be fair or foul or rain or shine
The joys I have possessed, in spite of fate, are mine.
Not Heaven itself upon the past has power,
But what has been, has been, and I have had my hour.

This would be a good reading during my funeral, when it comes. Although, I'm not sure it applies at the moment. I don't think I can say that if I die tomorrow that I was happy. I'm content... not sure I'm happy. Some might say that only a fine line separates contentment from happiness, or that the difference may just be semantics; but for others it might be a gulf as wide as the Grand Canyon. I'd like to think that for me it's just a fine line that separates me from happiness. I feel that. Do I know what the missing piece is? Yes, I do, but I'm not going to share it with you... for now. :)

No Response to "Happy The Man"

Leave A Reply